1161 York Street
Stunning Reimagined Victorian Home in The Mission
Completely renovated from the ground up, while preserving its classic exterior Queen Anne Victorian charm, this amazing home in the Mission has been masterfully reimagined for today’s sophisticated taste. Attention to detail is paramount throughout the contemporary, polished design from the exposed steel frame infrastructure to the incredible flow and circulation between levels.
Exquisite curb appeal with lush planter boxes and Victorian detailing, the home opens into a magnificent floor plan. The residence is warmed by a sleek Ortal gas fireplace, SONOS-ready HiFi Wireless surround sound speakers, and natural light pouring in through the newly installed windows. Direct sightlines to the chef inspired kitchen provides an ideal setting for cooking and entertaining, flowing seamlessly from each space with sublime oak hardwood floors throughout. Well-designed and stylish, all kitchen appliances in the main home are by Thermador, including a six-burner gas range, two-door oven combination, range vent hood, dishwasher, and an oversized refrigerator. Under-mount sink and expansive 10 foot Avenza quartz island provide ample prep space and pair elegantly with the extra-large backsplash.
The main home showcases three spacious bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and individual closets for great organization and storage. Three of the bedrooms, one with en-suite, one full bath, and separate laundry room, are conveniently all located on the third floor. The luxurious master bedroom opens with a wide, double-door entry and feels like a true sanctuary. The master bath retreat features a dramatic soaking tub, frosted sliding glass door, dual quartz vanity, and amazing tile shower enclosure with rain shower head. The extra touch of privacy and intimacy is apparent here.
The incredible support, in-law unit features an open plan living / dining / kitchen area outfitted with Bosch appliances and super white quartz island with steel under-mount spanning 11 feet. The finely polished concrete floors and new windows abound give this space amazing natural light, and a unique setting in an urban dwellers dream. Two bedrooms and one full bath are found here as this level provides immediate flexibility for an au-pair, rental income, or extended family.
Just steps to 24th Street, with a wonderful array of food choices such as the St. Francis Fountain, Wise Sons Deli, Dynamo Coffee, Humphry Slocombe, and the famous El Farolito – arguably the best taqueria in town. Abreast a fabulous cultural setting with Brava Theater down the street, and remarkable murals on Balmy and throughout this special Mission enclave. Within minutes to the state of the art Zuckerberg SF General Hospital, public parks, Muni, BART and freeways 101 / 280. Featured in the award-winning motion picture, ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’ with Will Smith, this is an amazing opportunity to own a uniquely timeless piece of San Francisco history.
- Timeless Queen Anne Victorian built circa 1890
- Masterfully designed and rebuilt to the highest standards
- Expansively light-filled, flexible floor plan with 10’ - 11’ ceilings in the main home
- Main home consists of 3Br / 2.5 Ba + office - including 3 bedrooms on top level
- Incredible chef’s kitchen featuring: Avenza quartz countertops, Thermador 36" Dual Fuel Six Burner Oven, Thermador Masterpiece hood, Integrated Thermador Fridge and Dishwasher, and custom cabinetry throughout
- Wide plank full ¾” European white oak floors throughout
- All new plumbing fixtures, including: Toto, Grohe, Blanco, Graff, and Duravit
- Luxurious en-suite bath with massive soaking tub and rainshower head
- Custom designed Italian tiles throughout
- Exposed steel frame infrastructure with complete seismic upgrade
- Direct access to the rear yard plus deck from the kitchen, and open plan living
- Beautiful east-facing rear yard with historic banana tree, irrigation system, flood lights, blue stone steps and river rocks with bamboo
- Additional, legal unit with 2Br / 1Ba creates immediate flexibility for an au-pair, short or long-term rental income, or extended family
- Additional unit is outfitted with Bosch appliances, polished concrete floors, custom subway tiles & cabinetry, and super white quartz counters with steel framing
- HiFi Wireless surround sound speakers in public areas and kitchen of main home
- SONIC fiber optics internet and phone ready – 1,000 mbps download / upload
- RING – Smart Security Anywhere You Need it
- Comelit video intercom system in additional unit
- 2-car garage parking and ample storage
- Amazingly desirable Mission neighborhood location immersed with amazing culture, fine dining, cafes, and retail
- A jewel in the sun, this home was featured in the award-winning motion picture “The Pursuit of Happyness” with Will Smith
- Steps to Tech Shuttles, and easy access to public transportation, BART, and freeways 101 & 280